Office of International Programs/Study Abroad/International Fellowships
The Office of International Programs (OIP) fosters and facilitates international education, research and outreach at Mines. OIP is administered by the Office of Academic Affairs.
OIP also advises students interested in applying for one or more of the nationally competitive scholarships that provide overseas research/study opportunities, such as the Fulbright, Boren, Rhodes, Marshall, Churchill, Soros or Mitchell (and others) and will work with individual students to prepare competitive application packages.
OIP is located in the Ben Parker Student Center, Suite E110. For more specific information about study abroad and other international programs, contact OIP at 303 384-2120 or visit the OIP web page (http://OIP.mines.edu).
The office works with the departments and divisions of the School to:
- Help develop and facilitate study abroad opportunities for Mines students while serving as an informational and advising resource for them;
- Assist in attracting new international students to Mines;
- Serve as a resource for faculty and scholars of the Mines community, promoting faculty exchanges, faculty-developed overseas learning opportunities, and the pursuit of collaborative international research activities;
- Foster international outreach and technology transfer programs;
- Facilitate arrangements for official international visitors to Mines; and
- In general, helps promote the internationalization of Mines’s curricular programs and activities.