10.1 General Travel Information

Governing Policies

Fiscal Policies 


Travel policy and procedure information is maintained by the Controller’s Office. All manner of travel information is available at http://inside.mines.edu/Accounts_Payable-Travel.

Travel Request and Authorization forms and Travel Expense Reports (TAs and TEs) are available on the CSM at http://inside.mines.edu/Accounts_Payable-Travel.

The TA form must be completed for all travel on CSM business, regardless of whether or not CSM funds are to be expended. Individuals traveling on CSM business may not be covered by CSM’s insurance if a TA form has not been processed. Travelers are not required to submit TAs for trips less than 50 miles from CSM.

The TA, with the proper account code and signatures, should be initiated by the traveler in order for it to arrive in the Travel office a minimum of one week prior to the date of departure. A detailed purpose and justification must be shown on the TA. The form must be signed by the traveler, the Department Head, and the fund manager for the fund(s) listed.

The approval of the TA is as defined in the Signature Policy. The Dean must approve TAs for Department Head travel. The Provost, or his/her designee must approval all international travel, and any travel using Provost/Academic Affairs funds. The final approving authority shall forward the approved TA to Travel Office.

When a traveler completes his/her trip, the Travel Expense (TE) portion of the required form must be completed, again whether or not CSM funds are used. The TE portion should be approved as defined in the Signature Policy.

For additional information please refer to the Travel website referred to above or contact the Travel Office at (303) 273-3274

Last Revision:

September 23, 2014