Responsible Conduct of Research Requirement
All students supported at any time in their graduate career through the National Science Foundation (NSF) or the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as research assistants, hourly employees or fellowship awardees, must complete training in the responsible conduct of research (RCR). This requirement is in addition to all other institutional and program requirements described below and in the appropriate program sections of this Catalog.
To satisfy the RCR requirement students must complete one of the following options:
- HASS565- Option available to all students
- SYGN502 - Option available to all students
- Chemistry Program Option - Option available only to students in the Chemistry program
- Physics Program Option: Option available only to students with physics faculty advisors or co-advisors
- Chemical & Biological Engineering (CBE) Option - Option available only to students in the CBE degree program
For additional information on program-specific options, contact the program.
By whatever means chosen, the NSF/NIH-RCR requirement must be completed prior to a candidate submitting the Degree Audit form. Students and advisors certify successful completion of the RCR requirement on the Degree Audit form.