1.2 Procedures Manual Modification Process
While the Academic Affairs Procedures Manual is maintained and controlled by the Office of Academic Affairs, as its intent is to codify policy and procedures that implement, and in other ways supplement, those contained in the Faculty Handbook, the Provost and the Office of Academic Affairs acknowledge the need for transparency and broad community input regarding substantive changes made to the Manual. As such, the following modification process shall be utilized in revising the Procedures Manual.
- Upon the final approval of all revisions to the Faculty Handbook, during the Summer term, the Associate Provost shall review the existing Procedures Manual to:
- ensure compliance with revised Handbook language,
- ensure currency of content (e.g., hyperlinks, dated materials, etc.), and
- develop new Procedures Manual sections that respond to needs identified by external constituencies (e.g., Handbook Committee, Senate, etc.) or Academic Affairs.
- All revisions developed over the Summer term shall be posted for a 30-day public comment period at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- In addition, as Chair of the Faculty Handbook Committee, the Associate Provost will review proposed changes with the Handbook Committee and request Handbook Committee feedback at the first meeting of the Committee.
- The Associate Provost shall review feedback provided by the community and the Handbook Committee with the Provost and, in response to this input, modify proposed Manual language as directed by the Provost.
- Campus shall be notified, and the final Procedures Manual posted by October 1 of each academic year.
July 3, 2014